Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Princess and the Parker Brothers


I hated to lose her for a number of reasons. She'd been my best friend for six years, my single confidante', my eternal soul mate. She'd shared my tragedies, reveled in my successes and fed me chicken soup when I'd been sick. And while she'd not had a monopoly on sex, she did own Boardwalk and Park Place, in addition to all the good utilities. That was part of the problem I guess, she had all the high priced properties and I eventually ran out of cash while paying the fee at her hotels; so in despair, or boredom perhaps, she'd auctioned off a few of her Avenues to the highest bidder. Luckily, on my next turn I grabbed a get out of jail free card so I collected the tennis shoe, iron and Scotty dog and took off in my roadster, leaving her in charge of her community chest.

1 comment: