Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dog and Butterfly

I had been dozing on their couch. I guess it had been 5 or 6 hours since I’d passed out drunk, but I’d still not have guessed that the sound of a doorknob being carefully turned would wake me. The radiant light from a fish tank in the far corner of the room illuminated the air just enough that I could see her moving toward me, dressed in nothing but a gauzy nightgown. I was in no shape to make conversation so I pretended to be asleep while I watched her through my lashes. She pulled up the ottoman and sat within a few inches of the couch, then watched me breath for what seemed like forever. I was flattered, particularly since her husband was asleep in the next room it seemed a little risky to “admire me” at that moment. But I hadn’t understood the real risk until she reached for my belt...

No comments:

Post a Comment