Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Tied to Nothing



I once thought we had something in common
but I'm better since you set me straight
I've a handle on where we departed
at the corner of anger and hate

It's been long since I've heard from your fathers
I had thought they'd been buried in stone
I am fully surprised that you've stolen their eyes
and have swallowed their thoughts as your own

We could once disagree without malice
and debate without scornful attack
but I've lost all my keys to your palace
and your rope's finally run out of slack

So let's wave and make happy for others
as we mark our horizons and go
you can say that we never were brothers
as the truth sometimes kills what we know

1 comment:

  1. Ah people come and go. DK always said you have friends for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete