Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sporty Slippage

It was only pick up ball, there was no reason I had to take it seriously. I was a “b” player, well better than average, not as good as professionals, so while competition could be fierce, it didn’t need to be deadly.

I should have known better really. I am as ambidextrous as a mud pie, I can hardly scratch my butt with my left hand unless I concentrate on it to the exclusion of all else. And yet, up I went, tight to the net, left corner, perfect spot yawning within the defense just waiting for my killer slam to fill its gaping maw. The moment I hit the ball I knew I had a problem. I felt something snap in my neck and my left arm went numb, soon starting to ache. I played with it for the rest of the night, and did nothing but drugs and yanking on it through the next afternoon, but eventually it became clear, my not having health insurance was about to severely complicate my life.

1 comment: