Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Fly of the Manor

As Bragi reached for the cabin’s door handle, Desiree’ and Morden busted out laughing.

“What’s so funny” he asked.

“I just stole Baron DuChein’s invasion plan” said Morden. “When the liege army comes at last, King Erik will know exactly where and when and cut off the head of the brute!”

“I don’t see the humor in that son, in fact no humor at all.”

Morden and his aunt laughed again. “Don’t you want to know how I retrieved the information master bard? Auntie flummoxed me into a fly, and I spent the later part of the afternoon in the Baron’s dining hall where he and his commanders were hashing out the last of his strategy!”

“So you spied as a fly on the wall? Commendable no doubt, but I still fail to see…”

“Your bowels must be keeping you up at night my good bard” Desiree’ said. “He didn’t spend the entire time on the wall you see. He was also distributing a few select diseases with the fuzz on his underside to the necks of the assembled.”

“Yes” interrupted Morden, “and I managed to fly vomit in the Baron’s Crème Brulee!”

“Well done lad” Bragi chuckled. “Well done indeed!”

No comments:

Post a Comment