Thursday, January 24, 2013

Banality Bobby

I'd asked a simple question. His response was relentless.


“You know that pain you get when your heart is torn from your chest?

Don’t worry; it’s a temporary thing.

No really, time heals all, we choose our attitude, the only direction from here is up.”



“Sure, you feel as if you want to die, and you’ve contemplated suicide.

Don’t worry, it’s normal. It’s like bloat from eating too much, it’ll wane. You’re much stronger than you know. Don’t stop thinkin’ about tomorrow.”



“Uh-huh, it can have a physical manifestation, like an aching in your bones.

Don’t worry. Take a couple aspirin. Watch a favorite movie. The sooner you let it go the…”



I shot him before he could finish the next platitude. I was conflicted about it, needing the help to overcome my psychotic sadness, but at the same time being Chief of the Cliché Police I had an obligation…

No comments:

Post a Comment