Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Daddy's Comin' Home!

“I know you’re preggers Monica, but geez, I’m only sixteen! I can’t marry anyone yet!”

“You can with your mom’s signature Tommy, and you know your mom loves me; she’d sign the papers in a second!”

“But gosh Monica, I’d have to quit the baseball team and probably even high school altogether! The only job I could get’d be at Mac and Dons! How would we raise a family on that?”

“Well I don’t know Tommy. I think you do some of what my daddy calls ‘time in grade’, and you start movin up, you know?”

“Daddy? You never mentioned no daddy! I thought he was dead or something.”

“Nope, he was just in prison and all, but he’s gettin’ out on Sunday and he’s a little pissed that his little girl is gonna be an unwed mother…”

And that was all the leverage our dear Monica needed.

1 comment: