Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eternally Yours

“I don’t trust you” I said flatly.

“Oh come on sweetie” she prodded; “It’s a gift! It’s your birthday isn’t it? I brought you a present; what could be wrong with that?”

I reminded her of the other gifts she’d given me. “That tour of the first plane of hell was a little overkill my sweet, as was the little surprise party at Ragnarök. How was I to know the gods got together for a reenactment every year? I thought I was gonna die! Oh, and the hangman’s noose tie, well let’s just say I’m not the punk rocker you think I am. So let me say again, you’re damned cute, but I don’t trust you.”

“I couldn’t fit Hell in a little box like that” she protested. “Please precious, just look inside, I promise you’ll like it!”

She’d worn me out. I took her offered box and twisted the key. “If this is another one of your pranks Pandora, I’m really going to have to reconsider our relationship!"

No comments:

Post a Comment