Monday, January 13, 2014

Truly Dead



I was walking through a vision and I noticed I was lost
found a sign that said if turning back, prepare to pay the cost
I just stood there as if set in stone, until I turned to sand
turned to sand lala-la-la

I was running in a footrace and I noticed I was losing
I was weighted down with questions, not a one of my own choosing
And I slowly sank into the road as children passed me by
passed me by lala-la-la

Saw a shadow in my window, it looked oddly like a reaper
left a note that said I'm sorry but your soul is not a keeper
Since I didn't know to laugh or cry, I wrote this song instead
just to see if it was all a dream, or I was truly dead

I had pennies in my pockets and desire enough to spend them
but they sprouted legs and ran away, I couldn't apprehend them
then they taunted me to worship at their little copper feet
copper feet lala-la-la

I went looking for my courage but I didn't find it lurking
there instead were all my deadly sins, the seven of them smirking
And I wanted to contain them but they stood just out of range
out of range lala-la-la

I went walking in a vision and I noticed I was missing
and I asked a person where I was, they said hypothisising
Since I didn't know to laugh or cry, I wrote this song instead
just to see if it was all a dream, or I was truly dead

I was standing on the tallest cliff, I knew that I could fly
and I closed my eyes and said a prayer, and leapt into the sky
then I dropped at speeds approaching sound, until I hit the earth
hit the earth lala-la-la

I was strolling through this nightmare see, and every eye was watching
and each time I said another word, I saw their gunbelts notching
Since I didn't know to laugh or cry, I wrote this song instead
just to see if it was all a dream, or I was truly dead
truly dead
truly dead

No comments:

Post a Comment