Sunday, March 16, 2014

Ode to Questionable Manthings

Well I hope you've finally noticed that I've changed my attitude
that I'm far less confrontational, a tiny bit less crude
Cuz I heard that you were leaving if I didn't change my act
so I made myself more pleasant and less meglomaniac'd

Cuz I gotta try
when I heard I cri e-i e-ied

I'll admit I still like bowling and I'll never really dance
but I'll watch a girly movie if you'll just give me the chance
and I promise I'll stop telling you to lose a little weight
I'll now be there when you need me, I am free this April eighth

I'm so sorry that you see me as a sedentary goon
so I'm workin hard to change my pace, that you might change your tune
If you left me I would surely die, you are my heart and soul
so I'll give up all bad habits once completing my parole

Cuz I gotta try
when I heard I cri e-i e-id
you are the one I've dreamed of every day I've been in jail
you're picture's on my shaving shelf, I've colored in detail
I know there's words to take right back, and actions to undo
but baby you're a goddess, and I'm so in love with you-wu-wu.................

I will buy you any puppy if you'll turn your smile my way
I've been thinkin' of a present, think a see through negligee
and I'll build a little picket fence and cover it in chrome
if the trailer park allows it, I'll plant flowers 'round our home

Cuz I gotta try
when I heard I cri e-i e-id

It's not easy to be helpless and incarceration bites
but when I make my final exit I will fill your lonely nights
I'll be cookin my own dinners and I'll get myself a beer
cuz I've learned some self reliance in the years that I've been here

Please say you'll never leave me or I'll cry my days away
I know I think too black and white, from now on I'll think gray
I will give you all you're asking, I will be a better man
and I'll try to never hurt you, hey I'll do the best I can

Cuz I gotta try
when I heard I cri e-i e-id
you are the one I've dreamed of every day I've been in jail
you're picture's on my shaving shelf, I've colored in detail
I know there's words to take right back, and actions to undo
but baby you're a goddess, and I'm so in love with you-wu-wu.................

No comments:

Post a Comment